• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Windermere +Bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
28 Jan 2010
Messages
3,581
Location
Bo'ness, West Lothian
Hi I'm heading down to Windermere tomorrow for a wee sail on the Lake Cruisers. Will prob get the 599 bus from the station to the pier head and back. The +Bus fare is £4.80 for a day ticket. Is this value? or should I buy on the bus? I know the Lakes can be a bit pricey but I can't see it being more than £2.40 single for a 10min bus ride. Does anyone know the standard cash fares?

Maybe it's because I'm being spoiled here with Linithgow +Bus for only £1.50. Now that IS value.

Cheers.


ps I'm heading off at 06.30 so will may not see your replies until I ger back.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
You're a guard for Scotrail aren't you? If you have a PRIV card, I believe this applies on +bus tickets aswell so you would get your 75% discount, bringing the cost down to £1.20.
 

tony_mac

Established Member
Joined
25 Feb 2009
Messages
3,626
Location
Liverpool
£1.60 each way is the last information that I can find. Alternatively, it's about a 25-30 minute walk.
 

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2008
Messages
8,837
You're a guard for Scotrail aren't you? If you have a PRIV card, I believe this applies on +bus tickets aswell so you would get your 75% discount, bringing the cost down to £1.20.

Staff do NOT get discounts on the +Bus portion of the ticket, staff using their discount should be issued a ticket to the interchange station and a seperate +Bus ticket from the interchange point.
 

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
28 Jan 2010
Messages
3,581
Location
Bo'ness, West Lothian
You're a guard for Scotrail aren't you? If you have a PRIV card, I believe this applies on +bus tickets aswell so you would get your 75% discount, bringing the cost down to £1.20.

No privs on +Bus but we can buy undiscounted +Bus tickets. There was a lot of confusion with that when the scheme started.

£1.60 each way is the last information that I can find. Alternatively, it's about a 25-30 minute walk.

Just walked it as was good to stretch my legs after the train journey. Only took 20mins. (I won't say how long it took uphill on the way back after a few pints).

Managed to get a run on the Lakeside & Haverthwaite as well. Al in all a good day.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top