Mark_re
Member
Dear all,
Sorry this is a complicated one, but I hope someone can help. A friend is coming away on holiday with us next week, flying out on Thursday.
There'll be three of us travelling, two of whom have an annual goldcard from Botley - London Terminals. However, I'm trying to work out the best fare/route combination for my friend who is coming along.
We are starting and ending at Winchester and will travel together throughout.
On Thursday, we have a 1310 flight from Gatwick Airport and we fly back in about a fortnight later (also a weekday) to Heathrow, where we land about 0805.
I'll just use my goldcard whichever route we take. From Heathrow, I tend to take the bus to Feltham at £1.50, then train via Reading or Clapham Junction, both of which are covered with my season. But what should my friend do?
I think the best would be an Off-peak Return from Winchester to Gatwick Airport, via Clapham Junction not London, discounted with my goldcard at £26.25. This would work on the 0933 from Winchester. On the return from Heathrow, a TfL bus fare at £1.50 to Feltham, along with a Feltham to Clapham Junction at either £4 or £2.60 (depending on how long it takes to clear immigration), where he would start short on the return portion of the Winchester - Gatwick ticket seems to be the best, at around £31. Can anyone suggest something different?
Thanks,
Mark
Sorry this is a complicated one, but I hope someone can help. A friend is coming away on holiday with us next week, flying out on Thursday.
There'll be three of us travelling, two of whom have an annual goldcard from Botley - London Terminals. However, I'm trying to work out the best fare/route combination for my friend who is coming along.
We are starting and ending at Winchester and will travel together throughout.
On Thursday, we have a 1310 flight from Gatwick Airport and we fly back in about a fortnight later (also a weekday) to Heathrow, where we land about 0805.
I'll just use my goldcard whichever route we take. From Heathrow, I tend to take the bus to Feltham at £1.50, then train via Reading or Clapham Junction, both of which are covered with my season. But what should my friend do?
I think the best would be an Off-peak Return from Winchester to Gatwick Airport, via Clapham Junction not London, discounted with my goldcard at £26.25. This would work on the 0933 from Winchester. On the return from Heathrow, a TfL bus fare at £1.50 to Feltham, along with a Feltham to Clapham Junction at either £4 or £2.60 (depending on how long it takes to clear immigration), where he would start short on the return portion of the Winchester - Gatwick ticket seems to be the best, at around £31. Can anyone suggest something different?
Thanks,
Mark