• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wilts & Dorset DAF/NC Palatine II's

Status
Not open for further replies.

BestWestern

Established Member
Joined
6 Feb 2011
Messages
6,736
On a few recent visits to Poole I notice that W&D appear to have transferred to the area some or all of their obscure Daf DB250/Northern Counties Palatine II's, which I believe are convertible open toppers and registered Nxx WAL. These seem to be running around on what I gather are schools/college services, carrying the old white/grey/red livery some with route branding vinyls, and generally looking pretty shabby with extensive roof dents and suchlike. Anyone have any ideas as to their intended fate, are they lined up for refurb, or transer elsewhere within the group - I understand at least one has gone to Southern Vectis for the Island Breezer routes - or disposal? Unlike W&D to be running such tatty looking motors in my experience! :|
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

185

On Moderation
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
5,709
One of those has been on it's side. An ex Wall's of Manchester if I remember right.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top