thenorthern
Established Member
- Joined
- 27 May 2013
- Messages
- 4,714
Looking at the Virgin Trains East Coast proposals I notice that they plan a London to Sunderland train from 2015 which reminds me of a time which Wrexham and Shropshire started operating Virgin Trains introduced a London to Wrexham via Chester train which was obviously there to compete with the then new Wrexham and Shropshire service.
I also notice that they plan to introduce more London to Bradford Forster Square services which because Bradford is currently served by open access services operated by Grand Central I can imagine that it will do the same thing of getting passengers onto their trains rather than Grand Central.
Given Virgin West Coast's previous history of stopping any competition with moderation clauses, filling demand if its there is a demand there and offering better fares than competitors which they have done to Wrexham and Shropshire and the First North Western London services could the same thing happen now with Virgin Trains East Coast?
I am of the opinion that open access operators were partially to blame for GNER and NXEC failing finacially so could Virgin Trains East Coast try and end that trend?
I also notice that they plan to introduce more London to Bradford Forster Square services which because Bradford is currently served by open access services operated by Grand Central I can imagine that it will do the same thing of getting passengers onto their trains rather than Grand Central.
Given Virgin West Coast's previous history of stopping any competition with moderation clauses, filling demand if its there is a demand there and offering better fares than competitors which they have done to Wrexham and Shropshire and the First North Western London services could the same thing happen now with Virgin Trains East Coast?
I am of the opinion that open access operators were partially to blame for GNER and NXEC failing finacially so could Virgin Trains East Coast try and end that trend?