• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Will the class 175s for GWR be repainted/refurbished?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Snow1964

Established Member
Joined
7 Oct 2019
Messages
11,180
Location
West Wiltshire
Last edited:

Wilts Wanderer

Established Member
Joined
21 Nov 2016
Messages
3,199
Heck that must be 25 years or more. They must be in a terrible state. Didn’t they end up First blue/pink underneath all that dirt?

I think you misread my post, they were in that state when Wessex Trains took over around the millennium. They were in a complete state, but have been heavily refurbished since then (twice if you count the light but effective Wessex facelift.) I haven’t been on a GWR 150 for about 2 years but the interior was like a new train when I last saw them.
 

150249

Established Member
Joined
13 Dec 2021
Messages
1,242
Location
The better Devon city
I think you misread my post, they were in that state when Wessex Trains took over around the millennium. They were in a complete state, but have been heavily refurbished since then (twice if you count the light but effective Wessex facelift.) I haven’t been on a GWR 150 for about 2 years but the interior was like a new train when I last saw them.
The 150/2s are in a remarkably good condition considering their age.
 

GoneSouth

Established Member
Joined
17 Dec 2018
Messages
1,491
I think you misread my post, they were in that state when Wessex Trains took over around the millennium. They were in a complete state, but have been heavily refurbished since then (twice if you count the light but effective Wessex facelift.) I haven’t been on a GWR 150 for about 2 years but the interior was like a new train when I last saw them.
Ah yes apologies. I think I misunderstood. Actually now I think about it I have been on a 150 recently down in Cornwall (for about 30 seconds until the platform staff at Truro asked us to disembark as there were no crew available). It was looking as OK as a 35 year old diesel could look. Actual, it looked quite nice with the GWR green refresh. Just a shame they couldn’t make them quieter too, then they’d be pretty good
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top