• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Will the 810s enter service on the Lincoln Route

Failed Unit

Established Member
Joined
26 Jan 2009
Messages
9,809
Location
Central Belt
I don't want to deviate this thread off topic


But will the 810s enter service on the Lincoln route? At the moment there are 2x Lincoln - London St Pancras via Nottingham services in the morning. This is really to provide extra capacity from Lincoln - Nottingham, I would be surprised if anyone uses them to London (But I am sure there is probably a small amount of Lincoln - Leicester and further south traffic I know someone that uses this route to get to Luton Airport with a change). Now EMR have 3 coach 170s, I am not sure if the 810s are needed. Likewise the evening working have already disappeared.

When the 810s fully take over the route is there any plan to use them to Lincoln or will the services go back to 170s?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,844
Location
West of Andover
I guess if EMR had enough spare 170s to convert those morning services to using a 3 coach 170 rather than a 222 they will do so. After-all the evening services no longer run, as anybody heading to Lincoln would use a LNER service.

After all I would imagine a 3 coach 170 would be similar in standard class seats with a 5 coach 222

When I did a morning 222 from Lincoln to Nottingham earlier in the year it did feel like it emptied out at Nottingham to get refilled there.
 

Top