• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Will I get procecuded?

bpkzz7

New Member
Joined
29 Sep 2026
Messages
1
Location
UK
I got written out a penalty fare for short faring. I gave a wrong name and a wrong address although one of my names was pretty similar to my actual one. Could I get procecuted if I don't pay the fine? Should i pay the fine?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,280
I got written out a penalty fare for short faring. I gave a wrong name and a wrong address although one of my names was pretty similar to my actual one. Could I get procecuted if I don't pay the fine? Should i pay the fine?
If they can trace you and you don’t pay, yes it could escalate to court.

If you short fared and had some sort of ticket which was scanned they can link that back to the personal details of the person who bought the ticket pretty easily if they want to.

The simplest way to prevent this going further is to pay the Penalty Fare I would think. If paid quickly it is reduced from £100 to £50.
 

Top