• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Will EMR be running anything at all on the 20th July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

38Cto15E

Member
Joined
1 Nov 2009
Messages
1,119
Location
15E
I get confused on what strike days there are some trains and which days there are none at all.
From past experience, will EMR be running any trains at all to London on Thursday 20th July?

If there are no trains, could I use Plan B of driving to Stanmore, or are the tube trains also on strike?

TIA
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chris M

Member
Joined
4 Feb 2012
Messages
1,060
Location
London E14
EMR have a page of information about the strikes at https://www.eastmidlandsrailway.co.uk/rail-strike although they have not yet provided detailed information regarding 20 July they do plan to have some:
We are currently reviewing how the strikes on Thursday 20, Saturday 22 and Saturday 29 July will impact EMR services. More information including timetable details, journey planners and ticketing/ refund advice will be updated here as soon as possible.
In general terms, you can travel on an alternative day or get a refund, details vary depending on your ticket type and how you purchased it, so you need to read the information on that page.
Although RMT members on the tube voted in favour of strikes, no dates have currently been announced. Legally unions must give at least 14 days notice of strike action, so in theory they could announce action on 20 July today (or maybe also tomorrow), but this is unlikely. London Overground and the Elizabeth line are also not striking on 20 July. Your EMR ticket will not be valid on London Underground.
 

38Cto15E

Member
Joined
1 Nov 2009
Messages
1,119
Location
15E
Cheers Chris

It's my birthday today and the wife's present is afternoon tea at The Ritz on Thursday 20th.
The date can be changed with about 4 months delay, I am not against that, but the powers that be insist on the 20th.
So much so, she is prepared to go by National Express, which I definitely am not, I would rather drive to Stanmore and get the tube.
London hotels are too expensive for a two night stay.
I'll keep my eys on EMR web site, we can cancel OK up to 48 hours before.
 

43066

Veteran Member
Joined
24 Nov 2019
Messages
12,089
Location
London
Cheers Chris

It's my birthday today and the wife's present is afternoon tea at The Ritz on Thursday 20th.
The date can be changed with about 4 months delay, I am not against that, but the powers that be insist on the 20th.
So much so, she is prepared to go by National Express, which I definitely am not, I would rather drive to Stanmore and get the tube.
London hotels are too expensive for a two night stay.
I'll keep my eys on EMR web site, we can cancel OK up to 48 hours before.

National Express to The Ritz sounds a little incongruous!
 

38Cto15E

Member
Joined
1 Nov 2009
Messages
1,119
Location
15E
Indeed it does.
I will also keep my eye on AWC from Nuneaton and AWC and LNWR from Rugby, EMR postpone their Advance option anyway.
 

Railwayowl80

Member
Joined
6 Dec 2022
Messages
66
Location
Leicester
I work at emr and all the latest strikes with rmt had services running but no trains after 6:30pm so you’d have to make sure your back before then but keep an eye out on there website as no doubt will be updated soon
 

38Cto15E

Member
Joined
1 Nov 2009
Messages
1,119
Location
15E
Thanks very much Railwayowl80. I had mentioned also AWC from Nuneaton, but they are not running because of the Colwich upgrade.
18-30hrs would be OK for the last train, I'll bring a shoe horn. :)
 

43055

Established Member
Joined
8 Mar 2018
Messages
3,694
Thanks very much Railwayowl80. I had mentioned also AWC from Nuneaton, but they are not running because of the Colwich upgrade.
18-30hrs would be OK for the last train, I'll bring a shoe horn. :)
It is more like around 17:00 from London in the past I believe with services finished and heading to the depot by 18:30. During the day it has generally been the xx05 Nottingham and xx32 Sheffield and a Corby running each hour.
 

Railwayowl80

Member
Joined
6 Dec 2022
Messages
66
Location
Leicester
Yeah as mentioned would have to be a earlier one as when I start at 18:30 all trains are just about stabled so definitely check on the emr site
going there you’d think your ok just making sure you get back in time.
 

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Joined
28 Sep 2010
Messages
35,965
Details of the strike timetable for the 20th will be visible in journey planners etc by Thursday 13 July.
 

Cletus

Established Member
Joined
11 Dec 2010
Messages
2,399
Location
Dover
On the 20th I'm have advance tickets from Stockport at about 8.30am to Nottingham and then Nottingham to Dover. From past experience will I be able to get to St Pancras with EMR? (I expect SE will only get me to Ashford)

I expect that I will have to travel on the 19th or 21st to get home?
 

DannyMich2018

Member
Joined
19 Dec 2018
Messages
944
We are looking at travelling from Kettering to Leicester on 22nd July for a night out in Leicester returning Sunday late afternoon. This has been planned a while and I wonder what time last train would be?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top