Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
Could be, my memory is not that reliable these days
Still, I'm fairly sure it was a modern (at the time) Wessex train. Maybe they declassified one for an experiment? Although I also thought it was an 8 seater as opposed to the 6 seater 1st compartments.
The 6-seater compartments and corridor didn't run the full length of the carriage. Behind the driver's cab there was a small first-class open area with 2+2 seating identical to that in standard class, apart from the cloth colour and anti-mocassars. Perhaps this is what you are thinking of? I don't recall it ever being declassified, however.
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.