• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wigan - Kirkby preservation. Was it a dream or complete nonsense?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

Member
Joined
28 Jan 2014
Messages
60
Whilst visiting my mother in Wigan I passed under the Wigan Wallgate - Kirkby line and a vague memory flashed through my mind. I think (!!) I recall that sometime in the 1970's, this line was earmarked for possible closure and someone attempted to form a preservation society with a view to run it as a heritage line.


Is this complete nonsense - or does anybody have any idea about what the hell i'm going on about?! Thanks in advance.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top