• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wierd phone number (00893...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
I have had a couple of phone calls today to my house from a number I cannot recognise - I have never seen anything like it before hence I haven't picked it up. It starts with the numbers 00893.....

It doesn't correspond to any code I know of - anyone know what it might be (a google search didn't seem to give anything helpful)?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ExRes

Established Member
Joined
16 Dec 2012
Messages
8,433
Location
Back in Sussex
Have you put the entire number in or just the code ?, I've found details of a number of cold callers by putting the entire number into google
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
I have now checked the answerphone (which didn't occur to me at the time) at it appears it was a message from a relative who lives in Perth, Australia - usually though the phone just displays "international" on the display.

...at least it wasn't aliens...
 

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
15 May 2012
Messages
5,438
Location
Croydon
893 is one of the area codes used for Perth (see 08 93 here). Some slightly broken telecoms system has converted it to international format by adding zero(s) on the front without putting in the country code
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top