JackTheLad
Member
I used to find it useful when the 465s in the South East London Metro area displayed route codes on the front of the train and on the scrolling PIS onboard the train... e.g I always knew that:
24 was Hayes to Charing Cross (all stations via Lewisham except St Johns)
34 was Hayes to Charing Cross (fast from Ladywell to London Bridge)
25 was Hayes to Cannon St (all sations via Lewisham inc St Johns)
35 was Hayes to Cannon St (fast from Ladywell to London Bridge)
Just by looking at the route number you would know the destination and the calling pattern. I know that now with more detailed platform information screens and the advent of mobile phone apps mean it's not needed anymore, but in my opinion there's no harm in bringing route codes back.
24 was Hayes to Charing Cross (all stations via Lewisham except St Johns)
34 was Hayes to Charing Cross (fast from Ladywell to London Bridge)
25 was Hayes to Cannon St (all sations via Lewisham inc St Johns)
35 was Hayes to Cannon St (fast from Ladywell to London Bridge)
Just by looking at the route number you would know the destination and the calling pattern. I know that now with more detailed platform information screens and the advent of mobile phone apps mean it's not needed anymore, but in my opinion there's no harm in bringing route codes back.