• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Why isn't this TAM-LIV valid for super off-peak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKB

Member
Joined
15 Oct 2008
Messages
666
I have a Super Off-Peak (OPR) from Liverpool Stations to Tamworth. I have already taken the outbound train and will be returning on Saturday 10 May. Unusually for a London Midland set OPR fare on this line, it allows travel on any operator on the route.

The rules at http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=LIV&dest=TAM&expert=on&flow=0&multi=0&fare=9&tkt=OPR state:

Not valid for travel on London
Midland services timed to
DEPART the origin station on
the ticket between 1630 and
1930 in either direction,
except on the 1902 Crewe to
Northampton service and on the
1846 Saturday service from
London Euston to stations
between Nuneaton and Crewe
inclusive.

A connecting service can be
used to complete a journey
begun at a valid time.
​

So why is londonmidland.com showing these options as not being valid for this fare?:

TAM-STA 16:09-16:35 (LM) + STA-LIV 17:10-18:10 (LM)
TAM-LIV 17:38-18:52 (VT)

The first option is within the super off-peak period, and the second option is not London Midland.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
The first one falls foul of the time restriction on the connecting leg. The booking engines cannot handle this and there were a number of previous threads on this topic.

The second one I suspect is a poor implementation of the time restrictions. The way it's written makes it appear as if it does not apply to other TOCs, whereas in reality I suspect that the intention was to apply the same restriction to all TOCs. They just didn't think it through when writing the restrictions.

Therefore both should be valid as things stand. You can just purchase the ticket without an itinerary and use it accordingly.
 

tony_mac

Established Member
Joined
25 Feb 2009
Messages
3,626
Location
Liverpool
Journey planners don't allow a change of trains between 16:30 and 19:30.
It's always been like this, but they don't seem to be in any hurry to fix it.
 

MKB

Member
Joined
15 Oct 2008
Messages
666
Thanks for the quick responses. Good to know that I hadn't missed anything then and the later trains are valid.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
Avantix Traveller still gives the same restriction text as that from brfares.

All very consistent I see.
 

34D

Established Member
Joined
9 Feb 2011
Messages
6,045
Location
Yorkshire
Avantix Traveller still gives the same restriction text as that from brfares.

All very consistent I see.

Are we satisfied that the current avantix NFM is 'official' enough? I think we are?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top