Wallsendmag
Established Member
What’s a ops ?
Super Off-Peak Single, as used by Chiltern.What’s a ops ?
That would make life so much easier. It's particularly annoying when you have multiple passengers in the same group and have to individually type in the details of every single ticket.Definitely think you should just be able to scan the E-Ticket and have it prefill most of the fields that it can from the barcode payload. Requiring manual data entry is a waste of everyone's time for this, really.
Ah yes, like on LNER, where they halved all fares, without abolishing some ticket types, without any nasty price hikes, and also halving the shorter distance fares, right? Err...!Single fare pricing gets rid of the vast majority of it because you just buy what you want once you have decided.
An appalling but unsurprising response. "Differences in accounts" are why I would always start (discreetly) making an audio recording in the event of a discussion like this; that way the 'least credible'Response to complaint:
She had the original ticket fulfilled by the online retailer (PDF). It was not a screenshot or photo, nor would that make any difference whatsoever.
If they do it a lot, I would have thought they knew how to switch the mTIS from paper ticket number -> UTN entry.
I did not tell the staff they needed more training at any point in the interaction. I was frustrated for sure, given what I was being told but the extent was that I reiterated multiple times that they could issue an excess - regardless as to whether it was purchased online, and showed them the iKB article in an attempt to show that I wasn't simply talking nonsense. I never raised my voice at any point in the exchange.
The staff were rude, frankly, and couldn't have shown less interest in trying to do what I asked them to do. I dispute that I was "extremely rude".
I did not ask the staff this - I already knew that it was the case, did not think I'd get any further with the staff - and simply told my partner that that was the best course of action.
I said nothing about Chiltern's employment of these staff when leaving the counter.
The staff certainly embellished their account of what happened.
10.1.3 specifically says:
>You travel on a train service at a time when your service-specific Ticket is not valid (unless Condition 9.4 applies); or
It was not an Advance ticket.
No material loss, indeed. If nothing else, I intend to exhaust what's left of the various complaint processes. They've wasted enough of my time, said a bunch of disparaging and untrue things about me - and it's far from the first issue with this station. Some of my colleagues have had poor experiences too.An appalling but unsurprising response. "Differences in accounts" are why I would always start (discreetly) making an audio recording in the event of a discussion like this; that way the 'least credible'witness can very quickly be identified.
Unfortunately as there was (presumably) no material loss and given the well-known qualities of the Ombudsman I wouldn't hold out much hope of a decent outcome here.
Indeed, there are dozens of us. Dozens, I tell you!but there'd be maybe dozens of us who'd find it useful![]()
Eventually got an apology, which I think Chiltern deserve some credit for.We have raised this to our Retailing Manager and The Revenue Protection Team and they have confirmed that a penalty fare would not be issued for this situation. Therefore, I sincerely apologise for the misinformation provided in previous responses. We will ensure that the knowledge gap is addressed with members of staff and that our advice is correct going forwards.
However, please note, if a customer refuses to pay the excess fare or if there is reason to believe that the customer is knowingly travelling with an invalid ticket to avoid the correct rail fare, details can be taken and they could be reported for further investigation/prosecution.