I'm in agreement with that, wouldn't have thought of the last two myself but those are all good reasons for UEGs (Unit-End-Gangways). Personally, I also think UK 158s are better looking than the Tailand variant (without UEGs) and also 175s. The Heathrow Express units (and the similar trains in the Leeds area, class 333 I think) aren't too bad looking though.Where there is a gangway present it allows for some flexibilities:
- Better for train manager to access his train.
- Better if there are catering facilities present.
- Sometimes a train may be boarded at a sub-optimal place for various reasons ranging from late passenger arranging, location of platform entrance/shelter ... or just plain randonness.
-- Some opportunities for passengers to re-distribute on a crowded train.
-- Some opportunities for passengers to move to a better location to for exit at their destination.
-- Some opportunities for passengers to move to correct portion of a train if it is being split.
- Possibly better opportunities for passenger to locate working toilets.
- More options to exit the train in an emergency