• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Why cant I post images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

43021HST

Established Member
Joined
11 Sep 2008
Messages
1,565
Location
Taunton
Hmm everytime I click the insert image button then add a URL this seems to happen: https://(image URL)*************

This seems to happen a lot lately, and I've posted images before on RUK so I don't think it's anything that I'm doing wrong.
I'm just wondering whether I've been banned from posting images or whether there's some sort of error.

I did ask a mod but it was never answered.
 

Attachments

  • RUK.jpg
    RUK.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 34
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D365

Veteran Member
Joined
29 Jun 2012
Messages
13,200
You do remember to sign it off with [/IMG], don't you? Try posting one here.
 

43021HST

Established Member
Joined
11 Sep 2008
Messages
1,565
Location
Taunton
9324705980_fe3a5ba545_o.jpg


Oh actually I think its a problem with the website I was using to post images, RUK seems to be fine with flickr.
 

eastwestdivide

Established Member
Joined
17 Aug 2009
Messages
3,429
Location
S Yorks, usually
Check that the link actually works?
If I type that address into a browser, I get

Server Error

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Edit - it looks like all those asterisks are the problem. Tech support minimum charge: £20.
 
Last edited:

43021HST

Established Member
Joined
11 Sep 2008
Messages
1,565
Location
Taunton
Well I've been using cheezburger.com to attempt to put some memes up on the meme thread. I think it could be a problem with that site. By the way the URL links to a meme I've made on the there.
 

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
7 Aug 2005
Messages
21,194
Location
0035
I haven't had any private messages from you but do the links you post have a trailing slash (ie. a slash immediately before the close
 

43021HST

Established Member
Joined
11 Sep 2008
Messages
1,565
Location
Taunton
I haven't had any private messages from you but do the links you post have a trailing slash (ie. a slash immediately before the close tag), or end in .php, as these have been banned for a number of years to prevent misuse. Just remove the final slash and it will work.[/QUOTE]

I don't think its a problem with RUK, it think its a problem with the other site I was using.
 

SS4

Established Member
Joined
30 Jan 2011
Messages
8,589
Location
Birmingham
I don't think its a problem with RUK, it think its a problem with the other site I was using.

Wouldn't surprise me. If you're after a new site to generate advice "animals" you can use imgur directly.

On the subject of cheezburger
V0Mje17.png
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top