Envoy
Established Member
- Joined
- 29 Aug 2014
- Messages
- 3,156
I was just at Cardiff Central waiting for someone in the main hall. Two American ladies were nearby with tickets for the 10.41 to London. The screen changed to say that this train had been cancelled and with instant panic - they went off to join a queue at the ticket desk. I looked again at the departures screen and could see a 10.18 departure for London - which was about 12 minutes away in time. I went to the queue and found the two ladies and told them that they could catch the 10.18 departure and showed them the way to the lifts.
Why could an announcement not have been made informing any early arrivals for the now cancelled 10.41 that they should go to P2 and catch the 10.18 to London? Some people don’t realise that when things they go wrong, they have the right to use trains other than those on which they are booked.
About a year ago, I noticed that a Cross Country train from Cardiff to Nottingham was cancelled. I travelled east and on arriving at Newport found it was parked on P1. So clearly the Cardiff bound service was late & they decided to terminate at Newport for the next run back to the Midlands. People were left at Cardiff when they could have caught my TfW (with space) train to Newport in order to board the XC train. Again, no announcements with advice at Cardiff Central.
Why could an announcement not have been made informing any early arrivals for the now cancelled 10.41 that they should go to P2 and catch the 10.18 to London? Some people don’t realise that when things they go wrong, they have the right to use trains other than those on which they are booked.
About a year ago, I noticed that a Cross Country train from Cardiff to Nottingham was cancelled. I travelled east and on arriving at Newport found it was parked on P1. So clearly the Cardiff bound service was late & they decided to terminate at Newport for the next run back to the Midlands. People were left at Cardiff when they could have caught my TfW (with space) train to Newport in order to board the XC train. Again, no announcements with advice at Cardiff Central.