Haivng picked up a copy of the Railway Magazine yesterday I noticed that 34067 Tangmere has been involved in another incident - this time hitting the buffers...
I know WCRC have their failings but 4 of every 5 incidents their trains are involved in seem to involve 34067. Far be it from me as a complete novice to question the integrity of the professionals who drive this machine but surely it's beyond coincidence that it's almost always 34067 concerned?
Is there actually an underlying reason for this or is it really just chance?
Apologies if there's already a thread on this.
Railway Magazine said:Tangmere collided with the buffer stops at Weymouth station on September 5 writes Michel Hooper-Immins Eyewitness Joe Ward said "I thought the train was coming in a bit fast and then there was a big bang as the locomotive hit the buffer stops, which were moved five or six inches by the impact."
I know WCRC have their failings but 4 of every 5 incidents their trains are involved in seem to involve 34067. Far be it from me as a complete novice to question the integrity of the professionals who drive this machine but surely it's beyond coincidence that it's almost always 34067 concerned?
Is there actually an underlying reason for this or is it really just chance?
Apologies if there's already a thread on this.
Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone spots a missing quote please report it to us using the report button so we can fix it. Thanks!