• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Who wants to try an experimental YouTube game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blended

New Member
Joined
27 Nov 2015
Messages
3
Hello all,

As a 3D enthousiast, I've been working on a series of very basic train animations which play as a game on YouTube. It would be lovely to get some input on the level of realism required to make such a game fun to play. Would anyone here be willing to take a look?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4IyyuDuB4Q

Thanks!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trainfan344

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2012
Messages
2,305
Just tried it, could use the clips matching up slightly better. Loving the use of ITHOTMK at the finish line though!
 

Blended

New Member
Joined
27 Nov 2015
Messages
3
Thanks, and noted! Interestingly, less than 10% of players have made it to the finish so far. So I'm glad you enjoyed the 'secret' ending. :)
 

robbeech

Established Member
Joined
11 Nov 2015
Messages
4,912
Not sure what happens if you go "the wrong" way, as i managed to finish it. Good stuff.
 

Blended

New Member
Joined
27 Nov 2015
Messages
3
Thank you. Actually, there are no wrong choices, just detours. Though I'm not sure what the fastest route is.
 

me123

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2007
Messages
8,510
Got there quite quickly (I think I went through five videos in total, don't know if that's good or not). Enjoyed it, would be a bit nicer if you had time to upgrade the scenery so you can really lose your sense of direction.
 

Trainfan344

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2012
Messages
2,305
Got there quite quickly (I think I went through five videos in total, don't know if that's good or not). Enjoyed it, would be a bit nicer if you had time to upgrade the scenery so you can really lose your sense of direction.

5 videos? I must have gone through 15-20 videos to get there! Including going back on myself thinking "Okay, so the finish line is there, so if I turn that way I'll get to the finish...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top