amahy
Member
Quite frequently on this forum, I have seen posts and threads dedicated to overcrowding incidents caused by special events, mostly sporting events and concerts. However, during these times, Train Operating Companies don’t usually increase the service provision to match the increased demand, as there are simply no extra trains to do so.
It is also unfair on regular passengers. Take Cardiff rugby events as an example, where a queue system is put in place. Why should regular travellers have to put up with mobs of out-of-control drunks that only use the train so they can drink? I realise that I may be coming across as a snob here, but this kind of thing has ruined many journeys for me.
Given that this has been a regular problem for decades now, what could be done to resolve the issue? From time to time, football specials are organised by charter operators, but these are few and far between, and usually only organised for the biggest events in London. Could more special events trains be organised? And who should be responsible for organising said trains? The rail industry itself, or the event organisers?
It is also unfair on regular passengers. Take Cardiff rugby events as an example, where a queue system is put in place. Why should regular travellers have to put up with mobs of out-of-control drunks that only use the train so they can drink? I realise that I may be coming across as a snob here, but this kind of thing has ruined many journeys for me.
Given that this has been a regular problem for decades now, what could be done to resolve the issue? From time to time, football specials are organised by charter operators, but these are few and far between, and usually only organised for the biggest events in London. Could more special events trains be organised? And who should be responsible for organising said trains? The rail industry itself, or the event organisers?