• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Who is pleased with their GCSE results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

68

Member
Joined
18 Aug 2008
Messages
49
Who is pleased with their GCSE results and who isn't?


And who's taking what form college or sixth form?


I'm taking:
Law
Business Administration
and Georgraphy.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FusionRail

Member
Joined
3 Sep 2007
Messages
960
Location
Shackerstone
I'm pretty happy considering ive done sod all for 5 years, did no revision and got:

English C
English Lit C
Science A
Science (Additional) C
Maths C
Geography C
Electronics C
IT B

And the outstanding failure: Engineering - EE!!!!

So its off to Gosport on the NR apprenticeship in September.
 

class 313

Established Member
Joined
10 Dec 2005
Messages
6,475
Location
St Albans
Meh got some better than I thought, some were just epic fail, no U's though ;)
 
Last edited:

FusionRail

Member
Joined
3 Sep 2007
Messages
960
Location
Shackerstone
No nothing about Engineering? Going to be an NR apprentice? You are the perfect stereotype ;)

Yes, but you only need 4 C's. I think I must be the only one in it for the railway job - everyone else I met on the various days just wanted the money! (Someone didn't know what sleepers were... oh dear)

Regarding Engineering, its the first (and last) year our school ran it, as there was no way you could fit that work into 1 1/2 years. Pretty much everybody did badly in it! And not to mention not having an computer access for quite a period in year 11, and the technicians making work deliberately disappear.

That scheme would have been ideal if you wanted to go into track, signaling or overhead/electrical maintenance/installation etc. Plus its damn good pay too.

I wanted to go into depot work for example, but I think age is a problem, plus theres nothing local to me and I couldn't find anything!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

BJMorley

Member
Joined
8 Sep 2007
Messages
1,175
Location
Derby
hmm, I have to wait until next term to get mine, They didn't open before 10:30am. :| :| which is a bit strange if you see on the news all these places elsewhere opening at around 8:00am.
Brandon
 

FusionRail

Member
Joined
3 Sep 2007
Messages
960
Location
Shackerstone
hmm, I have to wait until next term to get mine, They didn't open before 10:30am. :| :| which is a bit strange if you see on the news all these places elsewhere opening at around 8:00am.
Brandon

Ours was at 10:00, but you haven't even done your proper GCSE's yet Brandon!
 

BJMorley

Member
Joined
8 Sep 2007
Messages
1,175
Location
Derby
I had to go out, yesterday, but they didn't post the times, or when to collect them, like most normal people would do. Oops, am I implying intelligence? I must be shot!! ;) ;)
Brandon
 

Mintona

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2006
Messages
3,592
Location
South West
I had to go out, yesterday, but they didn't post the times, or when to collect them, like most normal people would do. Oops, am I implying intelligence? I must be shot!! ;) ;)
Brandon

Nope, no intelligence there. I agree with the shooting though.
 

Beaker

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2005
Messages
1,488
Location
Not the drawing room
Meh got some better than I though, some were just epic fail, no U's though ;)

1272549006_294f713d3c.jpg

;)
 

Tom B

Established Member
Joined
27 Jul 2005
Messages
4,681
Results are available to centres at 0001 the day before "results day", and can be given out to students from 0600 on results day. If centres want to hand them out later, that's up to them.
 

Nick W

Established Member
Joined
5 Nov 2005
Messages
1,436
Location
Cambridge
I was most upset that my sister, the famous Ali, beat me with 8 A*s and 3As.
 

Bayum

Established Member
Joined
21 Mar 2008
Messages
3,298
Location
Leeds
I had to go out, yesterday, but they didn't post the times, or when to collect them, like most normal people would do. Oops, am I implying intelligence? I must be shot!! ;) ;)
Brandon

Well, at my lower school - people as young as year 7/8 are taking GCSE's - and some of them aren't even clover really... My sister for example - sisterly love and all that - but really. Shes stupid as a board, and she would have been taking her RE, Geography and History GCSE's, ICT two year course and starting her Maths as well... Two years before me, and in some cases - 3 years. I think it's just schools wanting them out of the way with, and being able to concentrate on other things really...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top