Coming back to Scotland last weekend my passenger assistance all went to pot!
At Waterloo the here was a ramp but no Buggy assistance - asking why, I was told that no-one was available to drive it - they all want early turns and won’t work sundays!
On arrival in Kings Cross for the Sleeper- the same thing happened, despite bookings requesting the buggy- no-one was available to drive it!
This does peeve me a bit, when you enter the industry surely you know that trains run on Sundays and in the evening- therefore you should expect to work Sundays and in the evening!,
I contacted Network Rail as they manage both stations and had a reply to say that at Kings Cross they do not supply assistance but LNER do! I’m expecting the same sort of response from them over Waterloo concerning SWR.
The question is - these buggy’s weather blue, red or yellow all have one thing in common, a sticker on them with the Network Rail logo! In some places (Euston) the staff have Network Rail uniforms and some cases TOC uniforms with Dual logos TOC & NR. So - who is responsible for providing the staff to assist and drive the electric buggy at the main London terminal stations?
One customer assist person told me to contact Scotrail as it was their problem- even I fail to see how staffing in Waterloo is Scotrail’s problem!!
So - it's not Scotrails fault, Network Rail say it's not theirs and the corresponding TOC says it's Scotrails fault!!
Who's fault is it?
At Waterloo the here was a ramp but no Buggy assistance - asking why, I was told that no-one was available to drive it - they all want early turns and won’t work sundays!
On arrival in Kings Cross for the Sleeper- the same thing happened, despite bookings requesting the buggy- no-one was available to drive it!
This does peeve me a bit, when you enter the industry surely you know that trains run on Sundays and in the evening- therefore you should expect to work Sundays and in the evening!,
I contacted Network Rail as they manage both stations and had a reply to say that at Kings Cross they do not supply assistance but LNER do! I’m expecting the same sort of response from them over Waterloo concerning SWR.
The question is - these buggy’s weather blue, red or yellow all have one thing in common, a sticker on them with the Network Rail logo! In some places (Euston) the staff have Network Rail uniforms and some cases TOC uniforms with Dual logos TOC & NR. So - who is responsible for providing the staff to assist and drive the electric buggy at the main London terminal stations?
One customer assist person told me to contact Scotrail as it was their problem- even I fail to see how staffing in Waterloo is Scotrail’s problem!!
So - it's not Scotrails fault, Network Rail say it's not theirs and the corresponding TOC says it's Scotrails fault!!
Who's fault is it?