• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Whitehaven station remodelling during the 1990's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Hardy

Member
Joined
18 Nov 2009
Messages
458
Does anyone know the dates when:
  1. Whitehaven Platform 2 was temporarily closed with all through services had to use platform 3.
  2. Whitehaven Platform 3 closed and all through services had use platform 2.
The reason I ask is that on 21/04/1997 I caught the train from Carlisle to Lancaster via the Cumbria Coast line and I cannot remember what happened at Whitehaven.

Many thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thenorthern

Established Member
Joined
27 May 2013
Messages
4,714
Does anyone know the dates when:
  1. Whitehaven Platform 2 was temporarily closed with all through services had to use platform 3.
  2. Whitehaven Platform 3 closed and all through services had use platform 2.
The reason I ask is that on 21/04/1997 I caught the train from Carlisle to Lancaster via the Cumbria Coast line and I cannot remember what happened at Whitehaven.

Many thanks

The current layout was in place in 1994. I think platform 3 may have closed in 1991 but I am not sure.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top