• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which units (or locos) elude you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pumbaa

Established Member
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
5,022
Really? I need 010 too so thats good news. 002 is supposed to be painted into ATW blue isn't it for the WAG? But that all seems up in the air at the moment!

Maybe it was 004 or 006 - I can't remember. The one the driver knocked the reverser back while the throttle was wide open on the Aberdeen sleeper a while back.
 

Nym

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2007
Messages
9,788
Location
Somewhere, not in London
150xxx thats running the 0950 off LOT!!!

Continues to elude me, I got 142036 instead :(

"Move down inside the train" shouted many times at Crescent, was so tempted to shout back, "Have you wet leased the tardis? I don't see any space!"
 
Last edited:

Martin nx

Member
Joined
15 Jun 2011
Messages
77
Location
North Walsham, Norfolk.
Mine as follows!
66226, now in France so will be a challenge,
66424, despite many visits to Nuneaton and Carlisle, getting silly now.
92006, still in Crewe Electric apparently.
158887,158953- which contains all of 750 which is the one I want!
5591/6591 H+C "C" Stock, despite travelling to work on the line every day for 18 months!
 

12CSVT

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2010
Messages
2,611
Really? I need 010 too so thats good news. 002 is supposed to be painted into ATW blue isn't it for the WAG? But that all seems up in the air at the moment!

67002 has been on RHTTs around Peterborough recently, but was stabled at Doncaster on Saturday
 

Pumbaa

Established Member
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
5,022
Really? The reverser handle is mechanically interlocked so that it cannot be put into FOR or REV inless the throttle handle is in 0

Something failed big time - but I can't remember the exact details. I'll dig it up when I get home.
 

37372

Member
Joined
24 Jul 2006
Messages
587
Location
Mexborough
150149. My last Northern 150 before the cascades. I was given info as to what it was working on three different occasions and each time something else turned up instead.
 

anthony263

Established Member
Joined
19 Aug 2008
Messages
6,892
Location
South Wales
I am still waiting to get 175004 & 175110 the only 2 class 175's I haven't travelled on.

Never know I might get lucky on thursday morning when i get the 06:08 train from Pyle to Cardiff
 

Schnellzug

Established Member
Joined
22 Aug 2011
Messages
2,926
Location
Evercreech Junction
Something failed big time - but I can't remember the exact details. I'll dig it up when I get home.

Somehow seemed to manage to knacker all four traction motors, anyway, if that's the one I'm thinking of (wasn't it brought back home on a low loader?)
 

317666

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2009
Messages
1,775
Location
East Anglia
One unit which eluded me for ages was unique 1972TS unit 3299. Twice it had been the other unit in my train and I only realised when I had alighted, and many a time I had seen it going the other way. The day I finally saw it pull into the platform in the right direction, I was pleased :)
 

Pumbaa

Established Member
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
5,022
Somehow seemed to manage to knacker all four traction motors, anyway, if that's the one I'm thinking of (wasn't it brought back home on a low loader?)

Yes - it was overloaded when the reverser was accidently knocked back.
 

Pumbaa

Established Member
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
5,022
Really? The reverser handle is mechanically interlocked so that it cannot be put into FOR or REV inless the throttle handle is in 0

67021 - but it seems to be back in service now. Flexible drives melted, twisted it's brakes, investigation was looking at what wrong to allow the computer to take power without forcing an automatic E stop. Was under repair for 3 months.

And yes apologies the throttle was closed - reverser got thrown and power taken. Bang. Even so, the computer should have stepped in when the reverser was switched as it wasn't stationary.
 

LE Greys

Established Member
Joined
6 Mar 2010
Messages
5,389
Location
Hitchin
I seem to have terrible luck with Standard Pacifics. I've gone after Britannia several times and never seen her. Duke of Gloucester was the same for years, but one day I cracked it. As for Oliver Cromwell, I've seen her, but my camera seems to pack up every time;

67021 - but it seems to be back in service now. Flexible drives melted, twisted it's brakes, investigation was looking at what wrong to allow the computer to take power without forcing an automatic E stop. Was under repair for 3 months.

And yes apologies the throttle was closed - reverser got thrown and power taken. Bang. Even so, the computer should have stepped in when the reverser was switched as it wasn't stationary.

Were they designed by Oliver Bulleid? :shock:
 

12CSVT

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2010
Messages
2,611
One that slipped through the net for me 3 times in the space of 6 weeks back in August / September 1991 was 50046. I was bashing on the Waterloo - Exeter on 17/8/91 and passed it twice during the day, then on the day of Laira open day (15/9/91) I was waiting at Exeter for 1O43 Plymouth - Waterloo which arrived behind 50029 + 50046. Only 029 ran round to take the train foreward to Waterloo. Two weeks later I missed it again. Never saw it again after that.
 

Schnellzug

Established Member
Joined
22 Aug 2011
Messages
2,926
Location
Evercreech Junction
I, too, tend to reset and start again every now and then. Since starting from the summer, I've currently got 444012/025/029 still to record while travelling somewhere, while on the other hand I've now had 015 four times, and 008/018 three each. And 150246 out of FGW 150/2s.
I'll keep you posted! :D

***

And in Steam terms, I've still to see 5043.

Well, I'm pleased to report that, having got what seemed to be the last train to leave waterloo before it all went pear-shaped today, it was 444025!! So that made it all worthwhile.

The other two today? 444015 and 018, of course. :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top