• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which units (or locos) elude you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

12CSVT

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2010
Messages
2,611
Following on from a recent thread 'Which units haunt you', this one looks at the opposite phenomenon of units which always seem to escape you.

My own list would be

DMU - 142052, 150281, 153368 (despite spending two days in FGW territory last month in which I tracked down all but four of the FGW 153s), 159001, 170409

EMU - 483002, 508128

Tyne & Wear Metro car 4067

London Underground Piccadilly Line 1973 unit 166/566/366

Edit : now know that Piccadilly Line unit 166 no longer exists (thanks to Peter Mugridge for the info).
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Veteran Member
Joined
4 Mar 2010
Messages
11,573
Location
Macclesfield
323211. Does anyone know what's become of it? No doubt it will be in regular service just like the rest of LMs' 323s, but it's the only one that I haven't seen all year despite my regular traverses of New Street and frequent travels on the Cross City line.
 

317666

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2009
Messages
1,775
Location
East Anglia
317888. I hear plenty of "Oh it's out on the Upminster shuttle today" etc, yet I can't seem to find it anywhere :(
 

4SRKT

Established Member
Joined
9 Jan 2009
Messages
4,409
Don't take unit numbers but I never saw 50021 'Rodney'. I needed it to clear the class but I never saw it, despite childhood holidays in the camping coaches at Dawlish Warren. Even after I stopped taking loco numbers in about 1986 I kept an eye out for it knowing it was the last one, but still never saw it.
 

noddy1878

Established Member
Joined
23 Jun 2010
Messages
1,473
Location
Plymouth
43305! It's my last HST power car required for sight. I'm going to do a Freedom of the North East early next year and hope to see it then. For a long time 91111 but finally saw it two weeks ago :D
 

43167

Member
Joined
18 Jan 2010
Messages
1,021
Location
Keighley
158710 appears to be hiding whenever I go to scotland at the moment. Only need 2 158's to ride on. That and 846.
 

90019

Established Member
Joined
29 May 2008
Messages
6,891
Location
Featherstone, West Yorkshire
170434.

I've been trying to photograph it since it was reliveried, and I keep seeing it everywhere, but I can never get a photo because it's either too far away, going too fast, I don't have my camera, or by the time I get my camera out, it's too late. <(
 

Chester025

Member
Joined
29 Jun 2008
Messages
1,066
Don't take unit numbers but I never saw 50021 'Rodney'. I needed it to clear the class but I never saw it, despite childhood holidays in the camping coaches at Dawlish Warren. Even after I stopped taking loco numbers in about 1986 I kept an eye out for it knowing it was the last one, but still never saw it.

50021 is still here ya know and lives at Tyseley.

http://www.martinhart.f9.co.uk/50/under_restoration_50021.htm
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
91125. I had it for haulage a couple of time in 1992, but despite being a regular traveller on the ECML, I didn't have it again for almost 20 years. I'd had all the other 91s as 911xx except that until last month, when on a trip back from London I found it was at the head of my train.
 
Joined
30 Dec 2009
Messages
480
Im a unit fan and do year on year, so far to see for 2011 are:

142007, 142031, 142084, 142087 & 142092.

150133.

153327.

156428, 156457, 156462, 156463, 156484, 156490, 156499 & 156505.

158703, 158707, 158708, 158712, 158713, 158718, 158721, 158731, 158738. 158883, 158887.

159011, 159019.

need half of the 165 and 166.

170111, 170410, 170415, 170451, 170455, 170510.

185107, 185122 & 185145.


I have tried all over to see 153327, everytime im in Wales it always goes the opposite direction to me - its annoying me cos its last one to see.
 

Schnellzug

Established Member
Joined
22 Aug 2011
Messages
2,926
Location
Evercreech Junction
I, too, tend to reset and start again every now and then. Since starting from the summer, I've currently got 444012/025/029 still to record while travelling somewhere, while on the other hand I've now had 015 four times, and 008/018 three each. And 150246 out of FGW 150/2s.
I'll keep you posted! :D

***

And in Steam terms, I've still to see 5043.
 
Last edited:

Keith Jarrett

Member
Joined
10 Aug 2010
Messages
1,132
Location
No longer in London
Not counting the list that comprises long term demics, recently renumbered stuff or deliveries in the past three or four years, I have never photographed these locos, DMUs or EMUs

66151, 66508, 67009

142034, 144006, 153334, 153353, 156412, 156417, 158832, 165015, 165120, 165132, 170270, 171726, 180108

320315, 321412, several 325s, 332006, 332008, 332011, 357022, 357228, 360205, 442407, 442413

There are many, many more that I have not photographed in their current livery

KJ
 

Oswyntail

Established Member
Joined
23 May 2009
Messages
4,183
Location
Yorkshire
508142 (or renumbered) - kept missing it in Liverpool, London, and on its various rambles to Warrington and back. No idea where it now is.
67007 is always on the other end of the sleeper :(
 

stevebj

Member
Joined
4 Dec 2011
Messages
5
all moving class 60,s since getting back in to spotting about a year ago i have not yet managed to see a 60 moving under its own power dispite living only 10 miles from toton and visiting as often as i can :cry:
 

Pumbaa

Established Member
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
5,022
350127. I got all the LM 350/1s but not this one...was it damaged at all?

No - it's around.

I finally cleared (for haulage, I don't do by sight) the 350s last month. I had cleared the /2s within a year, but since 2006 350110 had escaped me. I kept seeing it go the other way - nearly leapt for joy when it pulled into Stafford!
 

BlythPower

Member
Joined
15 Jan 2009
Messages
864
Location
Kenilworth
I couldn't see a 67 for years. I'd get the occasional glimpse of a bit of one here and there and that was it. Then the WS&R crew training started up and since then I've rocketed through the majority. The only ones I've still not seen are the Four Jocks. 70s are the new 67s for me now. 91110 and 91128 are the electrics that are avoiding me. 350249 did its best to hide from me but succumbed in October a year after the rest of the 350/2s.
 

sidmouth

Member
Joined
11 Aug 2010
Messages
197
Location
Peterborough
In my "younger" days during the early 70's peak number 170 eluded me for years. That number is now etched into my memory.
 

noddy1878

Established Member
Joined
23 Jun 2010
Messages
1,473
Location
Plymouth
Not for much longer apparently. Just leaves 002?

Really? I need 010 too so thats good news. 002 is supposed to be painted into ATW blue isn't it for the WAG? But that all seems up in the air at the moment!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top