• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which TOC’s want enhanced or national passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victornc

Member
Joined
29 Jan 2020
Messages
29
Location
Darlington
Sorry if been mentioned/asked already but how do you find out which TOCs require certain pass marks? I here some are happy with national and others want enhanced but which want which? I’ve applied for Northern rail and don’t know which mark they want/accept. Or any other TOCs for that matter. Any help or guidance would be great
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

L401CJF

Established Member
Joined
16 Oct 2019
Messages
1,486
Location
Wirral
I know DRS and TPE are both enhanced.

A quick phone call to the OPC a few months ago confirms an enhanced pass for one TOC isn't always the same standard as an enhanced for another. A standard pass is the same across the board, but enhanced level is set by each particular TOC
 

PickleTree

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2020
Messages
339
Location
Hampshire
Sorry if been mentioned/asked already but how do you find out which TOCs require certain pass marks? I here some are happy with national and others want enhanced but which want which? I’ve applied for Northern rail and don’t know which mark they want/accept. Or any other TOCs for that matter. Any help or guidance would be great

Freightliner is also advanced.
 

BigBus

Member
Joined
22 Aug 2018
Messages
28
I know DRS and TPE are both enhanced.

A quick phone call to the OPC a few months ago confirms an enhanced pass for one TOC isn't always the same standard as an enhanced for another. A standard pass is the same across the board, but enhanced level is set by each particular TOC

This is correct, MTR has the highest enhanced standards followed by ARL. The OPC confirmed this few weeks ago.
 

43066

Veteran Member
Joined
24 Nov 2019
Messages
12,089
Location
London
I wonder if MTR and ARL insist on such high standards because of the intensity of the work on their networks. That would stand to reason, I suppose.

It’s worth clarifying (I’ve seen the question asked before) that no heed is paid to standard/advanced passes for qualified drivers moving TOCs.

The only things looked at are driving record and time spent in the grade (and of course getting through the interview).
 

DA1

Member
Joined
22 May 2017
Messages
444
Location
England
Do the enhanced parts only relate to the paper tests or do they also relate to the computer tests besides the VSE which is optional for TOCs to use anyway?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top