philosopher
Established Member
- Joined
- 23 Sep 2015
- Messages
- 1,513
Excluding HS1, there are currently no sections of track in the UK with a line speed greater than 125mph. Therefore, if issues of cost were ignored, which stretch of track would most benefit from having its line speed raised to 140mph. By section of track I mean a stretch of track of between 20 and 100 mph.
I assume such a section would be towards the longer end in terms of distance to allow for the greatest saving in journey time, would be used by mostly 140 mph capable rolling stock and have few or no slower services sharing the track.
I assume such a section would be towards the longer end in terms of distance to allow for the greatest saving in journey time, would be used by mostly 140 mph capable rolling stock and have few or no slower services sharing the track.