• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which London Underground lines would you rename?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Whistler40145

Established Member
Joined
30 Apr 2010
Messages
6,149
Location
Lancashire
...and the Earth Wind & Fire Line for the sections shared by the Circle/H&C/Metropolitan lines

Now that’s one to remember!
I just thought up the two colours of the District and Circle lines and related to the earth wire in a 3 pin plug
 

PTR 444

Established Member
Joined
22 Aug 2019
Messages
2,647
Location
Wimborne
I just thought up the two colours of the District and Circle lines and related to the earth wire in a 3 pin plug
Great idea. I suppose you could call the Circle Line the Earth Line and the District Line the Wire Line. I just came up with Earth wind and fire as it sounds very similar and having three words makes it appropriate to use for a route shared with three lines (Circle, Met, H&C).
 

NorthKent1989

Established Member
Joined
13 May 2017
Messages
2,172
It used to be the case that the PIS on the C-stock talked of the "Circle and Hammersmith" as a line, even though it never existed. I think that reads better and describes it fairly well.

I agree, the Hammersmith and Circle lines when separate has no stations or track unique to it, merged together it would be a proper line in its own right, rather than a line that could easily be a branch for either the Met or District lines.

The big question is what colour to use? Pink or Yellow or even both!?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top