• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which locos HAVEN'T been driven by a female train driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightatLaira

Member
Joined
14 Jun 2010
Messages
490
Female Train Drivers - Hot or Not? I say Hot!

There's no doubt about it - female train drivers are getting more and more common. There's a very nice looking HST driver I see from time to time on the Midland Mainline. But the other day, for the first time ever, I saw a lady behind at 91 on the 1517 from Wakefield Westgate to Kings Cross.


Which made me think, are there any routes or companies which have NEVER had a female driver?

Has a 70 been driven by a woman yet?
What about some of the older freights? 58s, etc
Deltics? Have they ever been driven by a woman?
Steam Trains?



I'd be interested to hear your stories! :D
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
1,975
in fairness there is a fair few lookers out there driving! Bit difficult to chat them up there though :lol:
 

37401

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2008
Messages
3,276
Location
Birmingham
in fairness there is a fair few lookers out there driving! Bit difficult to chat them up there though :lol:

Fair few lookers on board too, VT and WSMR have some lookers

You could just talk trains to her HSTFan!!! "Can I toot your horn?" "Can I isolate your safty systems?" "If you ever loose your carrage key you can use mine"

:lol:
 

route101

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,292
I wonder id FSR has a policy of having female drivers , ive seen a fair few recently . I suppose these were recruited internally?
 

CarterUSM

Established Member
Joined
4 Jan 2010
Messages
2,495
Location
North Britain
I wonder id FSR has a policy of having female drivers , ive seen a fair few recently . I suppose these were recruited internally?



There have been a few recruited externally also. There was a small article in the evening times a year or two ago with one of the female drivers too.
 

Kneedown

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2007
Messages
1,837
Location
Nottinghamshire
There was a female secondman at Toton in the early 90's so i guess she would have driven pretty much every loco we had, which was pretty much everything apart from 33's, 50's and 73's.

If i had to take a punt on a train that a lady hadn't driven i'd hazard a guess at Class 151 and 154.
 

CarterUSM

Established Member
Joined
4 Jan 2010
Messages
2,495
Location
North Britain
What experience would you need if you werent in FSR?



Without going into much(any!) detail, just the same as if you were a male! There's more than enough trainee train driver threads on this forum never mind websites explaining better than i ever could!:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top