AJP62
Member
Macclesfield, 15 mins walk down hill, much longer coming home off the last train from Piccadilly!


Whilst I don't think this has been an issue yet but just a reminder that this is a public forum which means that anyone, not just registered members, can see what you post. So I'd avoid giving any sort of detailed directions![]()
Seaton Carew 20 yards downhill !!!
Hartlepool £2.20 single £2.50 return
Bus stop 30 yards. Hartlepool £1.75 each way and no buses after 18.30.
No brainer.![]()

Hopton Heath - a 15 minute walk through the Shropshire countryside.
Though I often drive to Craven Arms (15 minutes drive; free parking) and take the train from there, as Hopton Heath has only 4 trains a day in either direction, and one direction takes me into "here be dragons" territory...![]()
I'm quite lucky. My nearest station is St Helens Junction - it's less than 500 metres from my house (about a five minute walk).
I previously lived closer to Lea Green Station which was about a mile away from my house (a twenty minute walk). I think I'd feel quite put out if I lived 1 mile+ away from a train station now.