• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wherry Lines Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjsuffolk14

Member
Joined
2 Jun 2014
Messages
7
Hello, I've started this thread because there are a few things I have noticed since riding along the wherry lines recently, which have been puzzling me for some time now.

First of all, I have noticed that there is a 20 mph temporary speed restriction on the down line at Haddiscoe, which has been there for about three to four months if not more, but only covers the section of continuous welded track through the down platform. Unless this TSR has now been abolished, could this long period of a temporary speed restriction indicate a major track renewal program on order?

Secondly, I have noticed that Network Rail have cancelled their planned level crossing work last Sunday which, I was guessing would have resulted in the end of the biggest bottleneck in Lowestoft, aside from the bridge. This gave me the impression that work had already been completed, but when I visited Oulton Broad North a few days ago (Short Set Spotting), I noticed that whilst they made a good job of the up platform, the crossing continues to be closed for some time prior to the train entering the station.

Perhaps someone with a little more knowledge could shed a little light on this?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Joined
28 Sep 2010
Messages
35,965
To answer the first question, if it's a 20TSR that won't be because of a track renewal programme. As it is through the platform, it will most likely be due to gauging to the platform; alternatively it could be to do with Level Crossing sighting.
 

dk1

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Oct 2009
Messages
19,904
Location
East Anglia
To answer the first question, if it's a 20TSR that won't be because of a track renewal programme. As it is through the platform, it will most likely be due to gauging to the platform; alternatively it could be to do with Level Crossing sighting.

It's all to do with the sudden phobia about foot crossings at stations.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top