AHBD
Member
Where is the level crossing on airdrie bathgate link(that annoyed the ORR)?
Where is the level crossing on airdrie bathgate link(that annoyed the ORR)?
I must have confused it with another Scottish reopening, where a previous level crossing was reinstated to the ORRs annoyance?There aren't any level crossings on the Airdrie - Bathgate section of route. Only LCs on that line of route between Helensburgh and Edinburgh are 6 crossings between Craigendoran and Cardross and a further one at Bowling.
Stirling - Alloa?I must have confused it with another Scottish reopening, where a previous level crossing was reinstated to the ORRs annoyance?
That’s the route I would be looking into. I think they had to build a new road rather than the planned reopening of some crossings, but there’s not much about anything specific online.Stirling - Alloa?
Several crossings were closed completely, three converted to CCTV and the busiest - in Alloa - was replaced by a new road and overbridge.There are also several UWC. One of the CCTV crossings - at Cambus - was intended to be AHB, but after objections (I'm not sure who from) it was changed to CCTV.That’s the route I would be looking into. I think they had to build a new road rather than the planned reopening of some crossings, but there’s not much about anything specific online.
That may have been the ORR as no new AHB installations have been permitted for many yearsSeveral crossings were closed completely, three converted to CCTV and the busiest - in Alloa - was replaced by a new road and overbridge.There are also several UWC. One of the CCTV crossings - at Cambus - was intended to be AHB, but after objections (I'm not sure who from) it was changed to CCTV.
This is not true.That may have been the ORR as no new AHB installations have been permitted for many years
The Levenmouth rail link will leave a “bitter legacy” for hundreds of people as Network Rail presses ahead with the removal of a popular level crossing.
Campaigners and politicians claim communities are being set against each other by the decision to close Doubledykes crossing at the western end of the new line.
One of the issues that arose was that house purchasers had apparently been led to believe that the railway was closed: it wasn’t. It still “technically existed“. NR just started using it again.Could it be Cambus level crossing, I seem to remember residents complained that coal trains were making their houses develop some cracking in their walls too.
They should sue the housing developers for false advertising if that's what they were told before purchasing the houses.One of the issues that arose was that house purchasers had apparently been led to believe that the railway was closed: it wasn’t. It still “technically existed“. NR just started using it again.
Might have been Clackmannan. I seem to remember that some homeowners there kicked up a stink when it was announced that the railway was to reopen. Apparently when they bought their houses they failed to notice the mothballed railway at the bottom of their gardens...They should sue the housing developers for false advertising if that's what they were told before purchasing the houses.![]()
Might have been Clackmannan. I seem to remember that some homeowners there kicked up a stink when it was announced that the railway was to reopen. Apparently when they bought their houses they failed to notice the mothballed railway at the bottom of their gardens...
When I was at Railtrack (mid-90s), my team was asked to go out there and take a look at what state it was in. They came across several instances of ‘extended’ gardens including one with a greenhouse in the middle of the track! As it was put to me by a fairly senior Operations person: “It still technically exists, but it would be a very brave or very foolhardy man who would send a train down there!”Did homeowners on the same line not try and 'reclaim' some land after the Dunfermline to Kincardine section was taken OOU? I heard a funny story of a light engine doing a proving run from a few years ago having to stop short of some how shall we say, 'extended' gardens and some makeshift fencing that the owners had put in themselves to make their gardens bigger. Instructions given to the driver to plough the road as well.![]()
Traksy showed a test train in one of the signal berths between Dunfermline and Kincardine a few weeks ago but it may not have been accurate of course. it was 3SxxWhen I was at Railtrack (mid-90s), my team was asked to go out there and take a look at what state it was in. They came across several instances of ‘extended’ gardens including one with a greenhouse in the middle of the track! As it was put to me by a fairly senior Operations person: “It still technically exists, but it would be a very brave or very foolhardy man who would send a train down there!”