• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where have all the advanced fares gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeccaOnATrain

Member
Joined
5 Sep 2021
Messages
110
Location
Stockport
This is only based off a few searches - but I haven't seen any for trips I've intended to make for a few weeks now.. Normally I can buy them on the same afternoon of a trip I had planned.
I travel regularly using EMR between Manchester<>Nottingham and various stations between, a few times a week. Tonight for example - I'm wanting to travel on the 20:53 Stockport to Alfreton but all I see for that trip on today and the next few days I've looked are Super Off-Peak Day Single tickets?

Any ideas? Travelling is about to get a lot more expensive for me if these are no longer purchasable. Hoping it's just the Christmas holidays and it's because the trains are busy and they've just sold out already?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,782
Location
UK
I would imagine the WCML closure between Milton Keynes and Northampton/Rugby is causing those EMR services to be much busier than normal between Manchester and Sheffield.

Journey planners will be routing people bound for Manchester and Stockport via Sheffield, as it's the fastest route under the circumstances and involves the fewest changes.

I'd imagine things will be different once the WCML reopens, although that's not happening for another week or so.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top