I've been poring over the WTT for May - September 2001, focussing on Leamington Spa station. One day I want to build a model of it, but first, I wanted to really understand everything that might have happened on random Wednesday in the Summer of 2001. I actually moved to Leamington (briefly) in September 2002, but I've wound it back a year or so to catch the introduction of the Voyagers on their test services between New Street and Reading. Chiltern, Central, Thames Trains, Virgin XC, lots of freight and the Shakespeare special out of Victoria. It's made for a pretty big spreadsheet.
I see that five Centro / Central Trains service terminate at Leamington Spa, and then don't head off to a yard. So I assume they are stabled at Leamington.
Thankfully I also see five Centro / Central Trains services originate at Leamington Spa in the morning. I'm not typing them out because the table editor is fighting me.
I'm guessing that two get stacked in Platform 4, two get stacked in Platform 1 (moving there via the cross-over after arriving into Platform 4), and one goes into the siding next to Platform 1. But does anyone know for sure? And does anyone know why they didn't go back to Tyseley?
I see that five Centro / Central Trains service terminate at Leamington Spa, and then don't head off to a yard. So I assume they are stabled at Leamington.
| Arrival | TOC | HeadCode | Timing | From | To |
|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| 18:35:00 | Centro | 2H50 | 150 | Stourbridge Jct | Terminates Here |
| 19:29:00 | Centro | 2B90 | 150 | Stratford upon Avon | Terminates Here |
| 20:03:00 | Centro | 2H32 | 150 | Worcester Shrub Hill | Terminates Here |
| 23:44:00 | Centro | 5C36 | 150 | Dorridge | Terminates Here |
| 00:23:00 | Centro | 2H28 | 150 | Birmingham Snow Hill | Terminates Here |
Thankfully I also see five Centro / Central Trains services originate at Leamington Spa in the morning. I'm not typing them out because the table editor is fighting me.
I'm guessing that two get stacked in Platform 4, two get stacked in Platform 1 (moving there via the cross-over after arriving into Platform 4), and one goes into the siding next to Platform 1. But does anyone know for sure? And does anyone know why they didn't go back to Tyseley?
Last edited: