chuckles1066
Member
- Joined
- 24 Nov 2010
- Messages
- 361
........which service my train performed prior to the one I'm using (if that makes sense)?
Let me explain.
I left the gym a little earlier today and thought, what with it being a Friday and the traffic a little lighter, I'll trek across to Filton Abbey Wood and catch the same service that I would have caught from Patchway.
The advantages to me are that on the return home many more trains stop there (political clout or what!!) and it means I don't have to rely on the solitary 18.21 from Bristol Temple Meads as there are alternatives.
I turn up and see that my train is delayed but there is an 08.50 service calling at Stapleton Road and Lawrence Hill before arriving at Temple Meads.
So I jump on and at 9.03 we're in Temple Meads........I jump off and stare at the departures board and notice there's a 09.05 service to Westbury, calling at Bath Spa.
How convenient, that'll do me.......except the platform is showing as the one I'm stood on. And the station announcer is telling us that "the service has terminated at this station".
Someone else was obviously confused as well because the guard called out
"this is now the Westbury service"........so we got back on!
Sooooo........where can I find out that the 08.50 from Filton Abbey Wood to Bristol Temple Meads turns into the 09.05 Bristol Temple Meads to Westbury?
TIA
Let me explain.
I left the gym a little earlier today and thought, what with it being a Friday and the traffic a little lighter, I'll trek across to Filton Abbey Wood and catch the same service that I would have caught from Patchway.
The advantages to me are that on the return home many more trains stop there (political clout or what!!) and it means I don't have to rely on the solitary 18.21 from Bristol Temple Meads as there are alternatives.
I turn up and see that my train is delayed but there is an 08.50 service calling at Stapleton Road and Lawrence Hill before arriving at Temple Meads.
So I jump on and at 9.03 we're in Temple Meads........I jump off and stare at the departures board and notice there's a 09.05 service to Westbury, calling at Bath Spa.
How convenient, that'll do me.......except the platform is showing as the one I'm stood on. And the station announcer is telling us that "the service has terminated at this station".
Someone else was obviously confused as well because the guard called out
"this is now the Westbury service"........so we got back on!
Sooooo........where can I find out that the 08.50 from Filton Abbey Wood to Bristol Temple Meads turns into the 09.05 Bristol Temple Meads to Westbury?
TIA

Last edited: