• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where best to spot new class 700 units

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alistair G.

Member
Joined
16 Jun 2013
Messages
355
Location
Leicester
Hi all,

I'm in London for a jolly tomorrow and although mainly bus spotting, I was also hoping to see some new 700 units. Where best to go to maximise this though??. Farringdon?.

Also, someone mentioned there are new units out of Liverpool Street, is this correct???

Thanks

Alistair
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ANDREW_D_WEBB

Member
Joined
21 Aug 2013
Messages
1,007
Location
London
Hi all,

I'm in London for a jolly tomorrow and although mainly bus spotting, I was also hoping to see some new 700 units. Where best to go to maximise this though??. Farringdon?.

Also, someone mentioned there are new units out of Liverpool Street, is this correct???

Thanks

Alistair


Farringdon will be good for 700s, Blackfriars probably better for photography. There might be o e or two 345s at Liverpool Street, but only on test and not yet in great numbers. They are also only running as 7 car sets so you'd have to go and get them again when the remaining cars are added later
 

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,373
It is also worth heading out to Hendon and back as a number of 700 units will be stabled at Cricklewood.
 

Cletus

Established Member
Joined
11 Dec 2010
Messages
2,399
Location
Dover
There were also several on the left heading out of King's Cross today between Harringay and Hornsey (I think). Not sure of the location's exact name.
 

trainmania100

Established Member
Joined
8 Nov 2015
Messages
3,036
Location
Newhaven
Anywhere between Brighton and bedford.
The vast majority are operated by 700s now, with the occasional 377
 

Alistair G.

Member
Joined
16 Jun 2013
Messages
355
Location
Leicester
Thanks for all the suggestions!. I'm the end I chose to go for Farringdon as I could also spot the new (ish) s-stock tube
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top