• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

When will 66721 "Harry Beck" depart with a sand train from Leziate Quarry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Jacks

New Member
Joined
5 Jun 2017
Messages
2
Saw this, this morning in Kings Lynn, locomotive 66721 "Harry Beck" hauling an empty sand train to Leziate Quarry.

Harry Beck designed the first understandable London Tube Map, and whilst the design has not changed there have of course been deletions and additions, the latest of course being the Crossrail section.

If anyone has an idea what time the loco will depart from Leziate, I would be pleased to know.

My camera was set on close up so by the time I sorted it I just got 3 frames off. This is the first.
photo.php
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D365

Veteran Member
Joined
29 Jun 2012
Messages
13,200
What on earth does any of this mean... is this a Class 66 loco??
 

3141

Established Member
Joined
1 Apr 2012
Messages
2,129
Location
Whitchurch, Hampshire
. Harry Beck designed the first understandable London Tube Map, and whilst the design has not changed there have of course been deletions and additions, the latest of course being the Crossrail section.
photo.php

Earlier maps were perfectly understandable, but the outstanding feature of Beck's map was that it was diagrammatic and not geographic. That in turn created problems, where locations that were close together on the ground appeared further apart on the diagram. The design has changed since Beck's time, though the principle of a diagrammatic approach remains.
 

Bertie the bus

Established Member
Joined
15 Aug 2014
Messages
3,216
I presume that you meant 66721. www.realtimetrains.co.uk will give you the times

Would it really have been too difficult to link to the actual location? How do you expect someone who calls it Leziate Quarry to know it is Middleton Towers?

Today's arrivals and departures at Middleton Towers are:

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/sea...17/06/05/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

I'm assuming it worked 6E88 and that had departed prior to this thread being created.
 

SeanG

Established Member
Joined
4 May 2013
Messages
1,378
Would it really have been too difficult to link to the actual location? How do you expect someone who calls it Leziate Quarry to know it is Middleton Towers?

Yes it would have been difficult as I haven't a clue where Leziate Quarry is
 

CosherB

Established Member
Joined
23 Feb 2007
Messages
3,041
Location
Northwich
Saw this, this morning in Kings Lynn. Harry Beck hauling an empty sand train to Leziate Quarry. Harry Beck designed the first understandable London Tube Map, and whilst the design has not changed there have of course been deletions and additions, the latest of course being the Crossrail section. (If anyone has an idea what time the loco will depart from Leziate, I would be pleased to know. My camera was set on close up so by the time I sorted it I just got 3 frames off. This is the first.
photo.php

Welcome to the forum!
 

MotCO

Established Member
Joined
25 Aug 2014
Messages
6,142
I don't know if he had an engineering background, but the Tube map is based on an electric circuit diagram where all lines are either horizotal, vertical or at 45 degrees. This leads to a very clear layout, much replicated.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,552
Location
Yorkshire
Welcome to the forum :)

I have edited the thread title to comply with our Forum Rules requiring thread titles to be descriptive.

As this is a request for timings for when a particular locomotive is hauling a service, I have moved it to the appropriate forum.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top