• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

When Will 34092 'City of Wells' Be Running Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesHorrell

Member
Joined
21 Sep 2010
Messages
257
Location
Keighley
Hi

I was just wondering if anybody knows when 34092 'City of Wells' will be finshed as i saw her today in Haworth Sheds and she had everything on apart from a few boiler panels and a new paint job so i does anyone know when she is going to be finshed and if she will run on the Worth Valley or get moved to another railway?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

blackfive460

Member
Joined
23 Jun 2010
Messages
869
Shouldn't be that long although the owners are in no hurry.
If I were forced to have a bet I place my money on either this time next year or early 2013 but that is pure speculation on my part.
Given the owner's connections with the the K&WVR I'd expect they'd like the loco to stay there but like all loco owners, it all depends on where the work is.
 

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2010
Messages
9,673
Yeah its not being rushed back . Id put my money on mid 2013.

I believe it will be staying at kwvr but will be mainline certificated.
 

blackfive460

Member
Joined
23 Jun 2010
Messages
869
I believe it will be staying at kwvr but will be mainline certificated.
It is certainly being completed to a standard appropriate for main line running but I don't think the owners have decided yet. OTMR, air brakes, etc. will add a lot to the costs, ongoing as well as the initial cost of installation, so it's a difficult decision as to whether the work will be there to make it cost effective.
I hope it does go main line but if I had the decision to make, I'm not so sure...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top