• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

When to buy a 11-15 Zip Oyster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rower40

Member
Joined
1 Jan 2008
Messages
583
My child is currently 10 anna bit. When I set up an Oyster Photocard account, clicked on "Buy Oyster for someone else", and put in their date-of-birth, I was offered an "Age 5-10 Zip Oyster" (with a footnote to say that it expires on their next birthday). When will that change to me being offered a 11-15 Zip Oyster - i.e. how much time in advance can I order their Oyster card so as to have it ready for their 11th Birthday?

(Should I have put this in the London Transport page? Mods to move as necessary - sorry!)
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Surreytraveller

On Moderation
Joined
21 Oct 2009
Messages
3,905
When are they 11? When I tried to get a 16/17 Oyster, it wouldn't let me until the August before their 17th birthday, as the 11-16 is valid until the end of September after their 16th birthday. I don't think this is explained anywhere
 

cool110

Member
Joined
12 Dec 2014
Messages
842
Location
Preston
One month before since they can't be postdated and are valid from the moment of issue.

 

rower40

Member
Joined
1 Jan 2008
Messages
583
Thanks all. I've put (birthday minus one month) in my diary. Conveniently, that's very close to the other child's (9th) birthday.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top