• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

When is off peak if travelling Cambridge - Manchester?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingerheid

Established Member
Joined
2 Apr 2006
Messages
1,726
Hello

I know this is a really daft question, so apologies in advance!

I'm buying an off peak return from Cambridge to Manchester, and want to travel via London both directions (I want to break the journey on the way back, and I want to of course not break the journey on the way there, but maybe take a slightly longish time to get from Kings Cross to Euston if I get slightly lost when buying my new phone on Tottenham Court Road :) ).

Can anyone tell me what times off peak tickets would be valid? (And also where to find this so I don't need to look stupid in future!) I've tried the Virgin website, National Rail website, and phoning Virgin, but I may have been looking in the wrong place on the first two and the last attempt was probably just over hopeful and silly...

There being an ever so slight different between the £82 fare and the £303 fare, I don't want to get it wrong!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,530
Location
Yorkshire
and unrestricted between Cambridge and London in either direction.

Your ticket will not be valid from Tottenham Court Road to Euston, so you may want to walk that bit as it would only take about 15 to 20 minutes. This is because you can only use one leg for a cross-London transfer. You can cut this journey short but if you do you will not be able to resume it again, and it would also not be valid for entering the system at Tottenham Court Road anyway.
 

OwlMan

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2008
Messages
3,206
peak time at euston

first train of the morning- 9:05am inclusive
evening peak 15:15-18:31 inclusive

hope that helps
Your ticket has restriction code 9I
The only restrictions that you have are between Euston & Manchester outwards & between Manchester & Euston return:

OUTWARD TRAVEL
You may travel on any train that is scheduled to DEPART as shown below:
DEPART: LONDON EUSTON
Between 0905 & 1514 (inc.) and at or after 1832.

RETURN TRAVEL
You may travel on any train that is scheduled to ARRIVE as shown below:
ARRIVE: LONDON EUSTON
At or after 1055


Peter
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top