I went to collect my advance tickets which l purchased online. The origin station was Knockholt (last station in boundary 6) and the final destination was Folkestone Central with a change at Sevenoaks. I thought l should double checked with the station office clerk to see if l could catch the Folkestone train at London Bridge using my freedom pass to Knockholt. As this train is fast to Sevenoaks from London Bridge, the clerk told me this was not allowed as the ticket stated l should board at Knockholt.
I told him that l had once gone that way before on the same type of advance ticket. He became very aggressive and told me l should be reported for misuse of an advance ticket. However l didn't have the chance to inform him it was a staff member at Charing Cross who gave me the go ahead to travel after I showed him my ticket(s).
I can't remember the reason why l went from London Bridge that time but l only ask now because of any possible cancellation of the Knockholt train because it's just a 30 minutes walk/train ride to London Bridge, just slightly longer than walking to Grove Park where I'm going to catch the Sevenoaks train, stopping at Knockholt of course!
Does anyone think l was in the right to ask about going from London Bridge and do you think that the clerk should have been less hostile towards me?
I told him that l had once gone that way before on the same type of advance ticket. He became very aggressive and told me l should be reported for misuse of an advance ticket. However l didn't have the chance to inform him it was a staff member at Charing Cross who gave me the go ahead to travel after I showed him my ticket(s).
I can't remember the reason why l went from London Bridge that time but l only ask now because of any possible cancellation of the Knockholt train because it's just a 30 minutes walk/train ride to London Bridge, just slightly longer than walking to Grove Park where I'm going to catch the Sevenoaks train, stopping at Knockholt of course!
Does anyone think l was in the right to ask about going from London Bridge and do you think that the clerk should have been less hostile towards me?
Last edited: