• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wheelchair passenger not allowed to board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Oswyntail

Established Member
Joined
23 May 2009
Messages
4,183
Location
Yorkshire
Aah. See that is exactly the discrimination that I am trying to fight. You did not wander once if my disability was because of medical negligence or by accident. You immediately had the thought and image in your mind that it is god-made. Pure discrimination of the highest.
To those who believe, all circumstances are God made, whether through the agency of genetics, or, perhaps, medical negligence. I can't work out whether you are discriminating against believers (by failing to listen to their views) or negligent medics (for assuming they are not part of God's scheme).
 

jimrbrobinson

Member
Joined
6 Jun 2010
Messages
257
Location
Astley, Tyldesley, Lancashire
A quick thought. My grandad, who doesn't watch Granada Reports, doesn't read newspapers, and doesn't have the internet has heard about this story, and was talking to me about it today. His question:- Surely, with the attention Mr. Khaliq has got, SOMEONE from the train would have come forward to support his version of events. You can maybe understand them not being bothered to come to the defence of the Guard or the company, but I'd have thought would have spoken out if they witnessed untoward treatment of someone in a wheelchair.
 

ukrob

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2009
Messages
1,810
A quick thought. My grandad, who doesn't watch Granada Reports, doesn't read newspapers, and doesn't have the internet has heard about this story, and was talking to me about it today. His question:- Surely, with the attention Mr. Khaliq has got, SOMEONE from the train would have come forward to support his version of events. You can maybe understand them not being bothered to come to the defence of the Guard or the company, but I'd have thought would have spoken out if they witnessed untoward treatment of someone in a wheelchair.

Another good point.
 

Anvil1984

Established Member
Joined
28 Aug 2010
Messages
1,514
Anyone taking bets for when the next crackpot wanting 5 minutes of fame comes out of the woodwork?

HIYA!!!!! :lol: I can't reveal my identity at present on the main boards in case the all knowing one finds out what a night.
 

Chew Chew

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
519
Christ please dont turn this place into 4chan

No worries of that happening!

When my mate emailed me the link for this I started off feeling sorry for the guy.

As you read through it appears that he is just a homophobe and a compulsive liar. I don't think I've ever seen someone backtrack as much on the internet as this guy.
 

smudge.efc

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
14
Just posting to say a big well done to the posters on here, excellenty rumbled the guys story.

As you've probably guessed, I'm another long time lurker who has been drawn in by this topic. Always wanted to contribute sooner, but having no interest in the railways apart from getting from A to B in the cheapest way possible, always found my views to be a bit of the ball compared to the knowledge of people on here. Hopefully be able to take part a bit more now and offer a different perspective. :)
 

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
No worries of that happening!

When my mate emailed me the link for this I started off feeling sorry for the guy.

As you read through it appears that he is just a homophobe and a compulsive liar. I don't think I've ever seen someone backtrack as much on the internet as this guy.

You read through all this? Christ :D
 

trentside

Established Member
Joined
14 Aug 2010
Messages
3,391
Location
Messroom
Just posting to say a big well done to the posters on here, excellenty rumbled the guys story.

That's trial by internet for you.

It kind of gives him a taste of his own medicine. He tried to do the same to the guard - expecting outpourings of sympathy for his case. He failed.
 

Anvil1984

Established Member
Joined
28 Aug 2010
Messages
1,514
Oh come on Hobbits Feet you made the transition from the DS forums to the lair of the enthusiast* enjoy the ride

* ok not all enthusiasts some are, some are staff like moi and some like a good whinge and rant
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sorry i've got to PM him, anyone want anything (polite saying)? :D

Yes ask him if he can recommend any bars for us on Canal Street
 

jimrbrobinson

Member
Joined
6 Jun 2010
Messages
257
Location
Astley, Tyldesley, Lancashire
Well, I'd like to say a welcome to those who've recently joined the forum. I'm a relatively recent addition to this forum myself, though I did join before this all happened! Anyway, this particular thread aside, I'm sure you'll find a lot to interest you. The photography competitions are usually VERY good IMHO. Just wish I was good enough at photography to enter something! :D As to this thread, any who have read back a good few pages may appreciate why I took an interest, though I am very disheartened by what has come to light as time has progressed. Sadly, though not common, it's not the first time I've seen it.
 

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
Oh come on Hobbits Feet you made the transition from the DS forums to the lair of the enthusiast* enjoy the ride

* ok not all enthusiasts some are, some are staff like moi and some like a good whinge and rant
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


Yes ask him if he can recommend any bars for us on Canal Street

Brilliant :lol::lol::lol: :D :D :D
 

Anvil1984

Established Member
Joined
28 Aug 2010
Messages
1,514
Ah yes the dignified way, probably the best option in fairness. I just don't think we've heard the last of Mr Aryan though but best not to poke him (leave that for the boys of Canal Street)
 

jimrbrobinson

Member
Joined
6 Jun 2010
Messages
257
Location
Astley, Tyldesley, Lancashire
To present a different side of the coin, I spent part of today meeting a member of rail staff with a small award recommended by a disabled passenger. The short of the story is that a couple of months ago, the passenger had booked ahead to catch a specific train at a specific time from a certain station. The member of staff was aware that they were awaiting this passenger who would require some assistance when the lift to the relevant platform broke down. The staff member met the passenger when they arrived by taxi and arranged for the taxi to take them to the next station along the line. She arranged payment for the taxi driver by paying our of her own pocket and claiming back against the receipt. The passenger made it to the next station in time and was helped aboard the train by the guard, who had been forewarned about what was happening. The passenger contacted the station's operating company, and our working group by letter thanking the staff member for all her help in what otherwise would have been a very awkward situation for her. We've today presented that staff member with thank-you card, bouquet of flowers and £100 in high street vouchers. Her response was that she was grateful but felt she hadn't done anything special as it was 'the least she could do'. She has also asked for no publicity, which we have respected. She considers she was 'just doing her job', but we think she went above and beyond at short notice. The passenger involved was absolutely chuffed with the service, which she felt was above and beyond, hence she'd written her letters saying so! The look of gratitude on the staff members face was enough to make my week.
 

Anvil1984

Established Member
Joined
28 Aug 2010
Messages
1,514
We read the stories in our companies glossy mags and get the letters and I agree it makes the job seem worthwhile but it just takes 1 story like this then we ALL (on the train crew side) get tarred, but its nice to know some people appreciate our efforts :D
 

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
I think that was probably his downfall. Regs had already seen that (and other stuff) so suspicion was already in the air :)

I thought you were leaving... ;) :D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Agreed - this thread seems to be descending into insult tonyaryan which whilst perhaps understandable, is also not really very helpful as it only gives him more ammo.

He can have all the ammo he likes, I'll never believe a word he breathes again :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top