Lampshade
Established Member
Stupid decision based on a video only showing half the story 
In that case, I think we should call for a boycott of all Northern Rail services until he is reinstated, and given a full apology.
What about a petition?
Whilst totally agreeing that there is a LOT more to this than the TV and Daily Wail show, I do feel that the guard was acting like a grade A pillock and certainly wasn't helping himself in the slightest.
So people on here feel the TM was doing the correct thing, and the passenger partially was wrong to do what he did (involve the media) so quickly. I do
The Digital Spy thread makes great reading, and the wheelchair user's argument is well and truly picked apart.

Link to DS thread here: http://www.digitalspy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1333391&page=17 Hope it is ok!![]()
The Digital Spy thread makes great reading, and the wheelchair user's argument is well and truly picked apart.
...but am I right in thinking the ramp for this train is unique and kept ON the train?).

I'm not really sure about this whole incident . Couldn't the wheelchair user just have got on and alighted at a station close to his destination station whereupon he could have been taxi-ed to it ? ScotRail do this regularly.
Or waited a whole 12 minutes for the next service which was a 323.
I know, but it could've saved the hassle thats now on the go, but perhaps not...........
It says in one of the newspaper reports he got the bus home, why???
And I was also frightened by then on what would happen once I got on the train. It was getting dark, I had my family with me and did not want to be stranded at some station.
That.
That.
Why didn't he get the bus or a taxi in the first place, and save the embarrasssment he caused himself and the grief he caused the guard, station staff and Northern Rail?

What I don't get is the real malicious feeling against the Guard,TOC's and Railways in general from some people on various websites, obviously the Guard could have handled it better but people wanting the guard as ridiculed as possible, the train companies taught a lesson and so on? Where is this coming from?