Well done to ‘TransPennine Express’: exemplary wording here:
“The government guidelines on social distancing means there will be space for as little as a tenth of the usual number of passengers on the railway, which for us at TransPennine Express means our capacity is limited to around 15 to 20 people per train carriage, so please only travel if you really have to.”
View train times and buy train tickets in advance to any destination in Great Britain. Book train tickets now with TransPennine Express - no booking fee
tpexpress.co.uk
No mention of key workers or any other restrictions. Very refreshing to see a TOC treating customers as people who can think and judge for themselves, whilst making a polite request to take the current situation into account.
No tick boxes on their ‘Buy Tickets’ screen either. I checked, but didn’t purchase since I’m happy to wait for the TOCs to feel a bit more comfortable about things before I make a journey.
A genuine ‘well done to TPE’