Hello everyone,
I am going to Berlin for three days, and fly out tomorrow, and will be arriving at Schonefield airport at about 1:30 PM.
I was there very briefly in February, and didn't really get chance to travel on their railway system (the lady who sold me a 3 day travel ticket at the airport advised me to catch a bus to a U-Bahn station, and then travel into Berlin via the U-Bahn.
Could anyone advise the best type of ticket to buy, for a 3 day sight seeing trip around Berlin, and hopefully maybe a bit of German Loco Haulage into the bargain
If possible, I would like to travel behind (or at least see) the following types of locos ;
*BR 182
*BR 189 (I know these are freight only, but I have heard that they sometimes make it onto passenger work as they have ETS)
*BR 218
*BR 146
*BR 246
I'd also like to visit a railway museum if there is one in Berlin.
Due to budget constraints, I don't think that spending a lot of money on train travel is really an option, so ideally I'd like to keep costs down to a minimum if that is possible
Thanks
Jon
I am going to Berlin for three days, and fly out tomorrow, and will be arriving at Schonefield airport at about 1:30 PM.
I was there very briefly in February, and didn't really get chance to travel on their railway system (the lady who sold me a 3 day travel ticket at the airport advised me to catch a bus to a U-Bahn station, and then travel into Berlin via the U-Bahn.
Could anyone advise the best type of ticket to buy, for a 3 day sight seeing trip around Berlin, and hopefully maybe a bit of German Loco Haulage into the bargain

If possible, I would like to travel behind (or at least see) the following types of locos ;
*BR 182
*BR 189 (I know these are freight only, but I have heard that they sometimes make it onto passenger work as they have ETS)
*BR 218
*BR 146
*BR 246
I'd also like to visit a railway museum if there is one in Berlin.
Due to budget constraints, I don't think that spending a lot of money on train travel is really an option, so ideally I'd like to keep costs down to a minimum if that is possible

Thanks
Jon