• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What to expect from a travel incident report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasdaniel

New Member
Joined
2 Oct 2024
Messages
2
Location
manchester
Hi. Currently moved from rugeley, West Midlands to Manchester. The normal station where I was suposed to take ticket was Gatley. But nobody came in the train so I did a train ticket evasion. When I reached Manchester Piccadilly, I noticed that inspectors are waiting outside to check the tickets. So I bought the ticket in front of them. They obviously noticed and put me aside to talk with someone.

I told the officer that nobody came in the train so I bought the ticket when I came down of the train. I gave him the address from rugeley, because the address from gatley is temporary.

He told me that I will receive a letter and just respond to that letter.

On the ticket I received there are loads of threats of prosecutions and so on. I’m stressed at maximum because of this stupid mistake I’ve done….

What should I expect from the letter? Currently I’m in Manchester but tomorrow I’m going there to pick it up. Doing jail and paying thousands of pounds for this idiotic action of mine would be the worse thing could happen at this situation.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_C39E3798-DF5C-4B78-9BB8-A804E5CD0D19.jpeg
    IMG_C39E3798-DF5C-4B78-9BB8-A804E5CD0D19.jpeg
    986 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3D7E293C-B75D-4F3F-A0CD-3ACC0B818CEC.JPEG
    IMG_3D7E293C-B75D-4F3F-A0CD-3ACC0B818CEC.JPEG
    904.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John R

Established Member
Joined
1 Jul 2013
Messages
6,133
Gatley station has both a ticket office and a ticket machine according to Northern's website, so the argument that "nobody came on the train" won't carry any weight I'm afraid.

You'll probably get a letter from Northern in due course, which, if I understand their normal process, will offer you a type of fixed penalty resolution, but will be in the order of £100 plus the fare you avoided. You won't go to jail though, and it won't cost you thousands of pounds. It' very unusual for cases like this to go to court if this is the first time you have come to the railway's attention.
 

Elecman

Established Member
Joined
31 Dec 2013
Messages
3,583
Location
Lancashire
Is there somebody at the Rugeley address that can deal with the letter and send it to you quickly when it inevitably arrives as you only have 14 days to respond to Northerns letter if you want to deal with the matter without being prosecuted
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top