• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What stops abuse of Any Time return tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatYouNeed

New Member
Joined
28 Oct 2018
Messages
1
I recently travelled using an any time return that lasted one month (using a phone ticket with the Trainline) When I got on the barriers were open so I didn't scan the ticket, and when I got off there were no barriers at all. On the train the inspector did scan my tickets QR code and I assumed this would deactivate it.

However, a few days later it's still appears active on my phone. I have no intention of doing so (I won't be making the same journey again any time soon) but what would stop someone reusing this ticket?

Obviously every ticket system is open to abuse but this seems like such an easy thing for people to do that I wonder why there aren't measures in place to prevent it.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top