• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What stock is being used on the Okehampton line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brush 4

Member
Joined
25 Nov 2018
Messages
717
Are they getting extra DMUs transferred from elsewhere, because in May, the hourly service starts.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

REVUpminster

Established Member
Joined
3 Jan 2021
Messages
1,310
Location
Paignton
Are they getting extra DMU's transferred from elsewhere, becuase in May, the hourly service starts.
As a 769 comes on stream then a 165 can go west from Reading, by way of the refurbishment? . There are 16 3 car 165s and I think 19 769s in the next year. I think I read some where they are owned by the same rolling stock company.
 

fgwrich

Established Member
Joined
15 Apr 2009
Messages
10,651
Location
Hampshire
Today is 4 x 150, however the line is cleared for 150, 158 and 165/166 - all have been used in the staff training so far.
 

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,390
As a 769 comes on stream then a 165 can go west from Reading, by way of the refurbishment? . There are 16 3 car 165s and I think 19 769s in the next year. I think I read some where they are owned by the same rolling stock company.
No, Angel Trains own the 165s. Porterbrook the 769s.
 

REVUpminster

Established Member
Joined
3 Jan 2021
Messages
1,310
Location
Paignton
No, Angel Trains own the 165s. Porterbrook the 769s.
I should have said the 150s at Exeter are owned by Porterbrook and as 166s replace them it keeps Porterbook happy. Unless I am wrong about ownership. Bristol did send a 165 down to couple up with the 165 used for training for one trip on the school run to Torre.
 

HamworthyGoods

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2019
Messages
4,485
I should have said the 150s at Exeter are owned by Porterbrook and as 166s replace them it keeps Porterbook happy. Unless I am wrong about ownership. Bristol did send a 165 down to couple up with the 165 used for training for one trip on the school run to Torre.

The 150s at Exeter are a mix of mostly Porterbrook but also 3 are Angel sets
 

43096

On Moderation
Joined
23 Nov 2015
Messages
18,879
I should have said the 150s at Exeter are owned by Porterbrook and as 166s replace them it keeps Porterbook happy. Unless I am wrong about ownership. Bristol did send a 165 down to couple up with the 165 used for training for one trip on the school run to Torre.
As none of the 150s or 165/166 fleets are planned to go off lease the ownership is pretty irrelevant. The ROSCO is primarily concerned with the train being on lease.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top