Bletchleyite
Veteran Member
I reckon they would be perfect for railtours since they have plug doors, modern PRM toilets and (IMO) pretty smart looking interiors.
Paint them maroon, change the door window shape a bit so it looks a bit old, convert the DVTs into generator vans so they can be hauled by anything, give them old sounding names and put them on the Jacobite. They would solve the door locking issue, the Royal Train Mk3s look suitably old so you could make other Mk3s look old too, and they have big picture windows from which to look at the scenery and appropriate low density seating (indeed maybe just adjust the layout to 64 seats fully window aligned per vehicle).
Maybe even fit opening windows. It should be structurally possible as the Irish Mk3s had them.
I fear they'll just end up scrapped though. But if they do survive it'll be rail tours of some kind, I'm sure.
Last edited: