Vesta boil-in-the-bag curries and Chinese dishes.
Vesta meals are still around.
Vesta boil-in-the-bag curries and Chinese dishes.
I didn't remember the product recall, but yes it was found to contain bromate. What a disaster!Wasn't the first batch of it in the UK also recalled after it failed a food safety test?
Asda still has the Vesta Chow Mein listed on their website.Vesta boil-in-the-bag curries and Chinese dishes.
No he left GB News.Do they still sell Brillo Pads?
There's a great Tom Scott video on that, part of the failure was down to Only Fools and Horses!Dasani bottled water (Coca-Cola Schweppes). Absolutely bombed after the revelation that it was only filtered tap water.
Trios can be found in Asda. I have a friend who has an Asda nearby and I get a regular supply that way...Bingos, Echoes and Trios.

That's it! ThanksStrawberry and Cream sweet, perhaps campinos.
In Grimsby, Poundland sells the Polo Fruits, maybe it's the same in your town? They still exist anyway.Polo Fruits - haven't seen any in ages

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep a look out for them.In Grimsby, Poundland sells the Polo Fruits
Mother's Pride is still available in Scotland.Numerous bread names have disappeared. I have not seen Mother's Pride
Pretty sure that I've seen Fresca in the last year or so. Although, thinking about it, I was outside the UK for a while so it might not have been here.Fresca – grapefruit fizzy drink
The Milk Tray bar. It had the lime barrel on it which I don't think was in the box version.Cadbury dairy milk chocolates in bar form.
Lime barrel was in the box version, it was one, along with strawberry cream, that I always went for when a kid.The Milk Tray bar. It had the lime barrel on it which I don't think was in the box version.
Who remembers "New Coke" when the formula was changed followed by a global uproar as it was not great?
I liked the lime barrel. I used to try and get the liquid out without breaking the chocolate too much.Lime barrel was in the box version, it was one, along with strawberry cream, that I always went for when a kid.
That one is a funny one. There's a very convincing argument that New Coke was nothing more than a way to get people talking about Coke, with no real intention to replace the formulation on a permanent basis.Who remembers "New Coke" when the formula was changed followed by a global uproar as it was not great?
Pedantry warning, but Vesta weren't boil in the bag - the bag had to be emptied into a saucepan and water added to the mixture.Vesta boil-in-the-bag curries and Chinese dishes.
If you mean Old Jamaica ginger beer, I bought some a couple weeks ago in Tesco.Old Jamaica
If you mean Old Jamaica ginger beer, I bought some a couple weeks ago in Tesco.
Tinned oxtail soup is still around. Heinz make it and most supermarkets stock an own-brand version, plus as an instant cup soup flavour.Oxtail soup - in tins on the supermarket shelf
I believe they relaunched that under the Bournville brand at the beginning of last year, although without the ship on the packaging. I've seen them in Morrisons recently.Old Jamaica
Or in one case, deep fried.Pedantry warning, but Vesta weren't boil in the bag - the bag had to be emptied into a saucepan and water added to the mixture.
Lovely stuff - we're obviously of the same generation. Cod liver oil, on the other hand - I'd rather have swallowed castor oil! Those cod needn't have lost their livers for my benefit.When I was but a mere gossoon, my mother always bought Virol for me. I think it was a malt extract product.
Lovely stuff - we're obviously of the same generation. Cod liver oil, on the other hand - I'd rather have swallowed castor oil! Those cod needn't have lost their livers for my benefit.
I agree. On a recent holiday in Iceland I had a traditional Icelandic breakfast in Rekyavik. In that was a nip of cod liver oil. It brought memories from childhood back when the square bottle with the painted metal screw top was on the table to serve us the stuff from. It was quite pleasant. I also have a 1000mg capsule of CLO every day now, - it's not so nice that way.I hear this from pretty well everyone I know, who as a child was was subjected to cod liver oil. I must be weird -- as a little kid in the early 1950s, I liked the stuff.